Participate in a co-op or internship
An internship or co-op placement—whether paid or unpaid—is an excellent way to connect with people in your field of interest, explore your fit for a particular occupation, and develop valuable work experience related to your field of study. Check with your Faculty or the YU Experience Hub to see if there are any existing co-op or internship programs that might be a good fit for you. If there isn’t a York co-op or Internship available in your discipline, you can use your job search techniques to set up your own internship.
The YU Experience Hub
The YU Experience Hub supports students in a variety of internships and co-op placements.
Experience York is the Career Centre’s job posting board. There are often a variety of internships available that are not affiliated with any particular York program or field of study.
Additional Resources to help you learn about internship opportunities on and off campus
- LA&PS Internship Program Information for Students: Our highly competitive internship program will provide you with short-term employment in professional organizations. These are paid, career-related positions designed to offers LA&PS students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in their field of study.
- Lassonde Co-op/Internship: The co-op/internship team works with domestic and international employers to develop meaningful, challenging, and relevant positions for students. Work terms are paid, supervised, and evaluated by their employers. Each term, students complete a work-term report and their supervisors complete an evaluation.
- Going Global: Career and employment resources including world-wide job and internship listings, corporate profiles and country-specific career information. Constantly-updated content on work permit/visa regulations, resumé writing guidelines and examples, employment trends, salary ranges, networking groups, cultural/interviewing advice and more.
- Students Describe the Benefits of Internships: In this Monster article, students discuss the various ways they’ve benefited from internships.
- GlobaLinks Learning Abroad: offers unpaid international internships to students and new graduates. Participants have the opportunity to gain professional experience abroad in a wide variety of fields.
Click here to go back to: Want to build skills and experience?