We are committed to providing you with new and exciting ways of connecting with alumni professionals in your field of interest.
Connect virtually with accomplished alumni to hear their career stories and learn about their roles, organizations, and industries. These sessions will be moderated by the Career Education & Development and will include a Q & A period where students and new graduates can ask questions.
Alumni Career Chats are designed to assist York students and new graduates in making connections, building their professional network, and gaining industry insights.
What to expect at an Alumni Career Chat?
During the session Alumni will share:
- Their personal career paths;
- How their university education is relevant to their particular position;
- The realities of sectors they work in;
- Tips and Strategies for entering the sector;
- Opportunities within their fields;
- Resources for connecting with professionals in that field.
Alumni Led Workshops are created and facilitated by alumni guest speakers who have expertise in job search strategies and techniques.
What to expect at Alumni Led Workshops?
These sessions will feature one alumni speaker and could focus on career-related topics such as;
- Interview Preparation
- Informational Interviewing
- On the Job Success
- Global Job Search
- Rocking Your Online Presence
Upcoming Alumni Guest Speaker Events
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.