Employer Recruitment Sessions are a great way to showcase your organization and promote your career opportunities to a targeted student audience.
At York University, your company will find a highly skilled and diverse candidate pool from which to select the most appropriate individual to meet your needs.
You must complete the Employer Recruitment Session form to book a session.
Please book your session at least two weeks in advance of your desired date. We are happy to provide two fee structures for hosting virtual employer recruitment sessions.
Self Hosting (Employer will set up the meeting and provide the meeting information to be shared with students): $100.00
Session hosted on York University's Zoom Platform (Meeting will be setup in-house. Link will be shared in your event confirmation email): $175.00
Once your session is scheduled, the Career Centre will assist you with event promotions and student registrations.
We recommend that your information session includes a short 20-30 minute presentation followed by networking. In your presentation share with students:
- Information about your organization and company culture
- The types of positions you are hiring for and the qualifications required. (We recommend you post the available positions on out on-line job posting system – include link: http://careers.yorku.ca/employers/post-a-job/)
- Important recruitment dates and timeline (application deadline, interview, and job offers)
- We encourage bringing hiring Managers and York Alum to speak. Our students can connect well with and relate to our Alum.
- Spend the remainder of your session networking and getting to know our students
- All recruitment sessions are to be requested online, by completing this form.
- The Career Centre is using the platform, Zoom, which is specifically designed for protected video conferencing that complies with high standards of encryption. However, there are still potential risks, as with many other types of technology, including interruptions, unauthorized access, and technical difficulties. Please review the Zoom Privacy and Security Guidance provided by Information Security Services at York.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Employer Services & Events Coordinator