Employer Recruitment Sessions are a great way to showcase your organization and promote your career opportunities to a targeted student audience.
At York University, your company will find a highly skilled and diverse candidate pool from which to select the most appropriate individual to meet your needs.
To book a session, please complete the Employer Recruitment Session form.
We ask that you book at least two weeks in advance of your desired date.
Hosting your Recruitment Session with York University: $175.00
Get exclusive access to top candidates by hosting your recruitment session with York University. By selecting this package, your organization will:
- Have flexibility. Work with a representative at Career Education & Development to set up a recruitment session, in-person or virtually.
- Increase branding. Be promoted to students through weekly newsletters, social media, faculty focused email campaigns, displays on campus LCD screens, announcements during workshops and on-campus activities, and posted to the York University Events Calendar as well as the Career Education & Development student portal.
- Collect student registrations prior to the day of the session.
Once your session is scheduled, Career Education & Development will assist you with event promotions and student registrations.
We recommend that your information session includes a short 20-30 minute presentation followed by networking. In your presentation share with students:
- Information about your organization and company culture
- The types of positions you are hiring for and the qualifications required. (We recommend you post the available positions on out on-line job posting system – include link: http://careers.yorku.ca/employers/post-a-job/)
- Important recruitment dates and timeline (application deadline, interview, and job offers)
- We encourage bringing hiring Managers and York Alum to speak. Our students can connect well with and relate to our Alum.
- Spend the remainder of your session networking and getting to know our students
- All recruitment sessions are to be requested online, by completing this form.
- Career Education & Development uses Zoom, which is specifically designed for protected video conferencing that complies with high standards of encryption. However, there are still potential risks, as with many other types of technology, including interruptions, unauthorized access, and technical difficulties. Please review the Zoom Privacy and Security Guidance provided by Information Security Services at York.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Employer Services & Events Coordinator