Employer Recruitment Sessions are a great way to showcase your organization and promote your career opportunities to a targeted student audience.
At York University, your company will find a highly skilled and diverse candidate pool from which to select the most appropriate individual to meet your needs.
You must complete the Employer Recruitment Session form to book a session.
Please book your session at least two weeks in advance of your desired date. We are happy to provide two fee structures for hosting virtual employer recruitment sessions.
Self Hosting (Employer will set up the meeting and provide the meeting information to be shared with students): $100.00
Session hosted on York University's Zoom Platform (Meeting will be setup in-house. Link will be shared in your event confirmation email): $175.00
Once your session is scheduled, the Career Centre will assist you with event promotions and student registrations.
We recommend that your information session includes a short 20-30 minute presentation followed by networking. In your presentation share with students:
- Information about your organization and company culture
- The types of positions you are hiring for and the qualifications required. (We recommend you post the available positions on out on-line job posting system – include link: http://careers.yorku.ca/employers/post-a-job/)
- Important recruitment dates and timeline (application deadline, interview, and job offers)
- We encourage bringing hiring Managers and York Alum to speak. Our students can connect well with and relate to our Alum.
- Spend the remainder of your session networking and getting to know our students
The Career Centre can help promote your in-house events to York students and recent grads. The fee for promoting your event on our calendar & on our external events page is $50.00 plus taxes.
Please complete the External Event Request form to promote your event.
- All recruitment sessions are to be requested online, by completing this form.
- Employers and educators are expected to arrive before the scheduled start of their session.
- Employers and educators are responsible for ordering their own catering. Catering must be ordered through the campus caterer, Aramark.
- Requests for the use of audio-visual equipment must be made at least three business days ahead of time and not on the day of the event.
- Employers and educators must be prepared to exit the room in which their event is scheduled, by the agreed upon ending time of the event.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Employer Services & Events Coordinator