Ways to connect with York students
Interested in helping current York students explore career options? Like sharing your experiences and reconnecting with the York community?
- Alumni Guest Speaker Events - If you are interested in becoming an Alumni Guest Speaker, please click here to register!
- Career Conversations Series
- Panel Discussions — be part of a panel discussion and share your career story with students, new graduates and other panelists currently working in your field.
- International Webinars — provide insight into how your career path took you from graduation to working abroad and answer questions via webinar about the skills, knowledge, experiences and challenges that you have faced while working internationally.
- Career Mentoring Program Get matched to York students and alumni who share similar interests, backgrounds, and degrees. Mentees and mentors are encouraged to set up at least one informal meeting during which the mentor shares information about their job, industry, and organization. Sign up for the Career Mentoring Program through our new Connecting YU platform and select “Participate in Career Mentoring Program” during registration.
Share your career story
Would you like to share your career journey with other students and alumni? Submit your career story. We will feature it on the career stories section of the website and on social media.
Hire a York student or new graduate
You know first-hand the talent here at York!
If you're hiring be sure to post a job on Experience York (the Career Centre's online job posting system. It's free and easy to use with over 77,000 students and new graduates registered in our system). If you have full-time, part-time, summer, volunteer or internship positions available within your organization, why not give a York student or new graduate the opportunity to apply?
Refer a Company, Job or Contact
Heard of a great company? Want to share information about the company you work for? Seen a job posting you wish you'd had exposure to when you were a York student? Know someone at an organization that has opportunities for York students or new graduates? Email Tammy Kim-Newman, Associate Director of Employer & Alumni Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details and we'll follow up.