Reach York's talented students using Experience York (the Career Centre’s online job posting and registration system) that allows you to post and manage jobs, collect application documents, and batch resumés for review.
Benefits - of Experience York (the Career Centre’s online job posting and registration system)
Easy to use
Post and Manage Jobs at any time, without delay
Collect application documents and batch resumés for review
Post all types of opportunities
Reach over 50,000 students and new grads (up to 2 years) registered on the system
The first place the Career Centre advises students and new grads to look for jobs
- On-campus: If you're looking to post a Work/Study or Research at York (RAY) position, please visit the Student Financial Services website for more information
- Paid Internships
- Bilingual positions
If you have never used the system before:
- Click on Register (opens in a new window)
- Fill in the required "Organization", "Division" and "Contact" information, then click Next
- Once you have registered, an administrator will approve your registration (may take up to two business days)
- After your registration has been approved, you will be able to post jobs, view applications and batch resumés.
If you already have an account:
- Login using the username and password when you registered
- go to the Career Centre Job Postings section of the system
- click on the Post a job posting button
The Career Centre reserves the right to screen all employer registrations and/or job posting submissions, and the right to decline posting employment opportunities.
Job postings must be complete with a job title, job description and job requirements. If insufficient information is provided, an employer registration and/or job posting may be declined. Additionally, all employers registered on the online system must have a valid company email address and company telephone number.
Job postings submitted through the online system must be clearly marked as a volunteer if they are unpaid positions, this includes unpaid internships.
Job postings of an inappropriate manner, including postings which have profane language, involve nudity, etc. will not be posted.
Opportunities in which students are asked to be subjects of research studies will not be posted.
Jobs that involve soliciting/promotion of your organization and/or its products on campus is not permitted. Therefore we cannot post your job at this time. York University is classed as private property and you cannot hire employees to work on York’s campuses.
Organizations are asked to refrain from having the job posting deadline/end date no more than one year from the posting date. If your organization is constantly recruiting for the same position, you will be able to repost your position. This will ensure that your job posting does not become stale. If your organization is looking for additional ways to recruit candidates, please consider attending one of our career fairs as an alternative option.
Third Party Recruiters
Third party recruiters are defined as agencies, organizations, or individuals recruiting candidates for temporary, part-time, or full-time employment on behalf of others and not for their own needs. Placement agencies and employers who hire on behalf of privately owned schools, for teaching positions abroad, are considered third-party recruiters. In some case, third-party recruiters charge students a fee for processing their applications. The Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE) provides guidelines for third-party recruiters to best meet the needs of students, employers and career educators.
The York University Career Centre requires third-party recruiters (agencies, organizations or individuals recruiting candidates for employment opportunities with other organizations) to identify their employer clients, so as to determine that the position listed is an actual opportunity and that it does not duplicate a position already listed with the Career Centre. This information will be held in confidence and not released to candidates unless authorized by the third party recruiter. Should the third party recruiter be unable or unwilling to provide the name of the employer or client, the position will not be accepted for listing.
Candidates' resumes collected for positions posted through Career Centre must not be held in the files of the third party recruiter for later referral to other positions unless authorized by the candidate
Employers That Charge a Fee
York University Career Centre requires any employers which charge a fee for their services (including training, police checks, start-up costs, application fees, membership fees etc.) to disclose their fees and clearly state them on any job postings
These kinds of opportunities usually involve one or more of the following characteristics:
- Offer no salary but, instead, offer students the opportunity to run their own businesses or franchises
- Offer compensation that is based mostly on commission rather than a salary
- Require the payment of “up front” fees for training and/or materials to enable the student to start up his/her own business
- Charge the students penalties or fees for services if the franchisee decides to leave the program
For these opportunities to be approved by the Career Centre, all the initial investments, such as licensing, administration or similar fees, requested from applicants, must be indicated in the job posting.
Many students run successful businesses through these opportunities, but there are those who incur unexpected liabilities and find themselves in debt. Naturally, we would like to minimize the occurrence of such negative scenarios and ensure that our students are well informed about the potential risks and rewards of these kinds of opportunities.
Therefore, if you want to publicize your commission- based or franchise opportunities, we require that you do the following:
Under "Job Type", select "Commission/Franchise Opportunity"
In the "Description" section, ensure that you make clear the characteristics of your opportunity by including the following statements where applicable (you can edit them according to your particular situation):
- There is no salary for this opportunity. You will make money based on commissions that you receive from sales.
- There is no salary for this opportunity. All persons who work with our organization will be self-employed and will earn money if they make a profit when running their own businesses.
- You will be required to pay fees for training and materials before you can start working with us.
- If you decide to leave the program, you may be liable to pay fees and/or financial penalties.
We reserve the right to edit your description and to remove your posting if these rules are not followed. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
If you have any questions about your job postings, please contact: