Book an appointment to start your Career Success journey!
Are you having difficulty deciding on a career path? Or, are you unsure how your degree may relate to your future career? Meet with one of our Career Counsellor to discuss your career concerns!
Your first Career Counselling appointment is a 20-minute session to meet confidentially with a trained career counsellor to discuss your career questions, such as:
- Exploring what you can do with your degree
- Learning how York’s Career Decision Making Model can help you understand the career decision-making process
- Thinking about changing your major or declaring a major
Have you previously met with a Career Counsellor and would like to further discuss your career questions and career goals? You can book a 50-minute session(s) on Experience York to continue your conversation on topics, such as:
- Exploring your career interests and developing an action plan aligned with who you are
- Receiving referrals and building supports across the York campus to help you succeed
- Discussing further education opportunities and next steps
Are you a masters or PhD student experiencing challenges with navigating your career path? To discuss your career transition concerns, you can meet confidentially with our in-house career counsellor to receive support with exploring careers both inside and outside academia.
Masters and PhD students can schedule a session(s) for help with:
- Developing a holistic approach to your career wellness planning with York’s Career Decision Making Model
- Exploring career transitions outside of academia
- Accessing resources and referrals
Job Search Support
Do you need support with your job search, either your career after graduation, a part-time or summer job while you’re at York? Are you unsure how to develop your strategy? Do you need feedback on your resumé or interview practice?
The Career Centre offers specialized appointments to support you in your job search!
Meet with a Career Educator for a 30-minute appointment to discuss job search resources and strategies, get ideas about how to expand your network, find out how to enhance your LinkedIn profile, or get tips for an upcoming interview. Some discussion topics include:
- Discovering resources for finding jobs
- Learning about effective job search strategies
- Gaining ideas on how to expand your network
- Receiving feedback on your LinkedIn profile
- Getting tips to help with an upcoming interview
- Getting support with determining your next steps
- Answering specific questions regarding your Resumé or Cover Letter (due to time limitations, it is not possible to provide a complete Resumé or Cover Letter feedback session. If you would like more assistance with your Resumé or Cover Letter, please attend the Resumé & Cover Letter Writing workshop.)
Once you have completed the Resumé & Cover Letter Writing workshop, you are eligible to book a 30-minute, one-on-one Resumé or Cover Letter Feedback Session.
You can book this appointment online after attending the workshop. Bring a copy of either your resumé or cover letter to be reviewed by a Career Educator.
Polish your interview skills and increase your confidence in this 30-minute session of practice and feedback.
In this 1:1 session you can:
- Integrate your learning from the Job Search and Networking Strategies
- Identify areas of strength and weakness
- Develop strategies for improving your interview performance