Career Conversations panels let students explore a variety of careers within a specific field, connect with York alumni and individuals working in their field of interest, and get inside tips on securing employment in a specific industry from professionals who do the hiring. Throughout the year, panels are held with two areas of focus:
What to expect at the panels?
Alumni and other professionals share:
- Their personal career paths;
- How their university education is relevant to their particular position;
- The realities of sectors they work in;
- Strategies for entering the sector;
- Opportunities within their fields;
- Resources for connecting with professionals in that field.