Use an online job posting site
Responding to online postings shouldn’t be your only job search strategy but it should definitely be a part of your strategy.
York University Career Centre's online job posting system
Experience York (Career Centre's online job posting system): Search for and apply to full-time, part-time, internship, summer and volunteer opportunities. Each year thousands of employers post over 10,000 opportunities for York University students and new graduates.
External Job Postings and Resources
Its good to explore external job posting sites, not only to look for opportunities but to gather valuable information about salaries, positions and organizations.
- General Job Posting Sites
- Targeted Job Search Sites
- Industry Specific Job Search Sites
- Jobs in Higher Education
- Working Abroad
- Career Exploration & Job Search Tools
- Occupational Research
- Additional Resources
Job search Apps
- Swob: The "Tinder" for jobs, students looking for a job can now search in the comfort of their own phone. Swob is the first of its kind to target students in high turnover industries such as retail and foodservice for part-time, seasonal and full-time employment.
Job search Websites
- Adzuna Canada : Job search engine sourcing 100+ thousand jobs and internships from hundreds of sites and providing statistics for job-seeking students.
- Canadajobs.com: Canada's source for job search "how-to" articles and tips.
- CareerBuilder: Search for jobs in Canada and around the world.
- Career Edge: Search for paid internships in non-regulated professions. Career Edge partner with employers to connect them with qualified candidates, including recent graduates, recent graduates with disabilities, newcomers to Canada, and members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
- Eluta.ca: Search for new jobs in Canada.
- Government of Canada Job Bank: Search for jobs by province.
- Indeed: Search jobs, upload Resumé and research companies.
- JobGurus: Job search engine to discover jobs from thousands of employer and career sites across Canada.
- Jobs in GTA : A shared platform that connects employers and job seekers in the GTA to be able to hire and get hired.
- Jooble : A job search engine to get links to job postings from more than 9550 different job sites throughout Canada.
- Neuvoo: Job postings across Canada, with over 40,000 postings in Ontario alone.
- Ontario WorkInfoNET: See links to work- and career-related websites in Ontario. There are also WorkInfoNets for each province and territory across Canada.
- TalentEgg: Search for co-op, internship, entry level positions, summer jobs, student jobs, full-time and part-time work. Access career guides to explore various career paths and related resources.
- Working.com: Search for jobs across Canada, get career advice, and read about current labour market trends.
- Workopolis.com: Lists a variety of job opportunities.
- Wowjobs: Search more than 100,000 jobs from thousands of job boards, classifieds and company sites in Canada.
Targeted job posting websites can be a good resource for identifying specific types of positions aimed at particular populations, or jobs in a particular field.
- Aboriginal Inclusion Network: Canada's aboriginal job board.
- Charity Village: Canada's site for the non profit sector.
- DiscoverAbility: The Discover Ability Network promotes the hiring of persons with disabilities.
- Municipal World: Online platform devoted exclusively to explore municipal jobs and latest updates.
- Ontario Municipal Jobs: Ontario's site for jobs in cities, counties, municipalities, towns, townships and villages across the province.
- Accounting Jobs
- Admin Jobs
- Canada Legal Jobs Search
- Canadian Mathematical Society
- eFinancial Careers
- Conference of Independent Schools of Ontario
- Ontario Ministry of Education
- University Affairs
Not for Profit
Communication & Media & Design
- Canadian Creatives
- Fresh Gigs
- Job Edge
- Media Job Search Canada
Hospitality & Tourism
Arts, Culture & Recreation
- Adzuna: Job search engine sourcing 100+ thousand jobs and internships from hundreds of sites and providing statistics for job-seeking students.
- Contact Singapore: Launch a bright future in Singapore.
- GoinGlobal: Career and employment resources including world-wide job and internship listings, corporate profiles and country-specific career information. Constantly-updated content on work permit/visa regulations, resumé writing guidelines and examples, employment trends, salary ranges, networking groups, cultural/interviewing advice and more.
- International Studies Abroad (ISA) : Offers unpaid international internships to students and new graduates. Participants have the opportunity to gain professional experience abroad in a wide variety of fields.
- Oxford Seminars.ca: Free resources to help you make decisions about living and working abroad
- SwissDevJobs.ch: A job board dedicated for the Swiss tech industry to find opportunities based on expected salary, technologies and location.
- Vault: Research careers and job searching on this website which features primarily information about the U.S. job market.
Career Cruising: Research and explore detailed information about careers and educational programs using this multimedia online resource.
Professional organizations and associations are an excellent way to learn more about a career of interest, professional designations, and networking opportunities (e.g. memberships, conferences). For additional professional associations visit the Career Cruising website; login information and the link to the site can be found on the Career Centre home page of Experience York, under CAREER DEVELOPMENT TOOLS.
Career Exploration Guide: The most important element in finding a career that's right for you is you! The Career Centre's Career Exploration Guide is a new career assessment tool that contains exercises to help you identify your personal characteristics and type, interests, abilities, skills, values and curiosities.
Career Options magazine: For expert career advice and job opportunities in partnership with the Canadian Association of Career Educators and Employers (CACEE).
Careers 2030: Gives a sneak peek into the careers and workplace needs of the future with articles and links about changes to the workplace, sorted by sector. Read about sources of change that are affecting future careers and the workforce.
Canadian Careers: Stay up to date with Canadian employment news, learn how to market yourself and explore hundreds of careers options.
Glassdoor: A free jobs and careers community that offers an inside look at jobs and companies in North America and 10 other countries (including Austria, Australia, Belgium, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Netherlands, Switzerland and the United Kingdom).
GoinGlobal: Career and employment resources including world-wide job and internship listings, corporate profiles and country-specific career information. Constantly-updated content on work permit/visa regulations, resumé writing guidelines and examples, employment trends, salary ranges, networking groups, cultural/interviewing advice and more.
Government of Canada: Look at your skills and interests, look at the world of work, make a plan, and manage your career.
Government of Canada Services for Youth: Find out what you need to know about the world of work.
Resumé Target: This free career resource for York students has articles with career and job-search advice, as well as a job posting system and links to resumé templates (though remember that every resumé you write should be tailored to the position you're applying for, so never cut & paste from a template. Use the templates as a reference only!)
Talent Egg: A Canadian career resource with job postings for internship and entry-level positions, information about Canada's top employers, articles and resources for students starting out in their first jobs, as well as a discussion board and an online magazine called, Career Incubator!
- Canadian Occupational Projection System (COPS): Search tool to find occupational labour demand and supply at the national level
- Freelance Writer Resources: Explore freelance writer resources including job boards and tools.
- Worxica: Curated archive of Canadian job postings published across various web sites, research tool specifically for use by job seekers and employers.
Click here to go back to: Looking for a job?