Work/Study Programs (General Work/Study, LEAP and RAY)
The Work/Study Program at York University provides eligible undergraduate students (domestic and international) with the opportunity to develop professional skills and contribute to the University through paid, on-campus employment opportunities.
Eligibility criteria for General Work/Study, LEAP and RAY
Undergraduate students must complete the Student Financial Profile (SFP) at the start of each academic session (once for fall/winter and once for summer) to be considered for on-campus employment. Eligibility for the program does not guarantee employment.
How to Apply for Work/Study and LEAP positions
- If you are an undergraduate student and currently York University employee, please visit yorku.ca/yuhire to view and apply for jobs through the Employee Career Portal – YU Hire
- If you are an undergraduate student who is not currently employed by York University, visit yorku.ca/jobs to create an account and view available Work/Study and LEAP positions
Tip: Use the “Affiliation” field in the Job Search tool to find Work/Study and LEAP positions.
RAY opportunities are available for viewing on the Career Centre website. Log into the Experience York using your Passport York Username and Password and follow the steps below to view available RAY opportunities:
- On your dashboard select “Career Centre”
- In the drop-down menu, click “RAY Postings (Research @ York)”
- Then, click “View all available postings”
Note: Students are NOT eligible to hold a RAY position in the same term in which they are holding an NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (or equivalent undergraduate research position).
Research & Innovation
Research and Innovation offers hands-on research-related contract positions attached to either York's research centres or major research projects within the Office of the Vice-President Research & Innovation.
How to apply for Research & Innovation positions
York University Libraries
The York University Libraries (YUL) branches/departments hire during the fall/winter and summer sessions. YUL has a policy of preferred hiring for York University students. Available jobs are posted online and on the YUL Job Posting Board located on the first floor of Scott Library by the escalator. Postings are also posted at branch libraries posting boards. Click here to apply for Library Casual/Part-time Position.
Who can apply as a York University student? A York University student is a person who is registered and currently enrolled in a degree credit course or who has graduated in the past 12 months from a degree programme.
For more information about YUL opportunities click here: Non Academic Casual/Part-Time Employment - York University Libraries
Are you looking for more job search support? Discover these career resources....
- Workshops/ Group Activities: Learn how to uncover hidden opportunities and build relationships that maximize your job search efforts.
- Career Lounge: Pop-in with a quick question or bring a career document to work on and stay awhile.
- Individual Support: Our team of friendly Career Counsellors is here to support you! Book an appointment now to get personalized guidance and unlock your potential.
Click here to go back to: Looking for a job?