Career Conversations panels let students explore a variety of careers within a specific field, connect with York alumni and individuals working in their field of interest, and get inside tips on securing employment in a specific industry from professionals who do the hiring. Throughout the year, panels are held with two areas of focus:
If you are experiencing difficulty registering through Career Centre's online system please email email@example.com
directly, with your name and student number and the name of the event you would like to register for.
|Career Conversations with Alumni
||Career Conversations with Hiring Managers
|Alumni and other professionals share:
- Their personal career paths;
- how their university education is relevant to their particular position;
- the realities of sectors they work in;
- strategies for entering the sector;
- opportunities within their fields;
- resources for connecting with professionals in that field.
|Hiring managers share:
- Where to find and secure a position within the industry;
- How to make connections within the field;
- What is involved in the application process, e.g. specific hiring dates, materials required;
- How to write effective résumés and cover letters;
- What to expect during the interview; and
- How to succeed on the job.
Upcoming Career Conversations Panels 2018-19
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
Subscribe to filtered calendar
Register for these panels on Experience York
(the Career Centre's online job posting and event registration system) using Passport York.