With support from York Community and Alumni Relations.
Career Conversations panels let students explore a variety of careers within a specific field, connect with York alumni and individuals working in their field of interest, and get inside tips on securing employment in a specific industry from professionals who do the hiring. Throughout the year, panels are held with two areas of focus:
|Career Conversations with Alumni
||Career Conversations with Hiring Managers
|Alumni and other professionals share:
- Their personal career paths;
- how their university education is relevant to their particular position;
- the realities of sectors they work in;
- strategies for entering the sector;
- opportunities within their fields;
- resources for connecting with professionals in that field.
|Hiring managers share:
- Where to find and secure a position within the industry;
- How to make connections within the field;
- What is involved in the application process, e.g. specific hiring dates, materials required;
- How to write effective resumés and cover letters;
- What to expect during the interview; and
- How to succeed on the job.
Upcoming Career Conversations Panels 2015-16
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
Register for these panels on the Career Centre's online system
using Passport York (you must sign up for an account on the system before you will be able to register for any events).