Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association
Please note: Not all employers provided information about their positions and application processes. Please visit their websites for more details.
THE CAREFIRST MISSION
Carefirst Seniors & Community Services Association is a non-profit charitable community services agency established since 1976, together with Carefirst Family Health Team (since 2007) and Carefirst Foundation (since 2006). We are committed to serve the community with our belief that “Care” for our client’s needs has always been our “first” and primary level of concern and focus. Our mission is to ensure the seniors and those in need of our services enjoy independent, enriched and quality living in the community through our social, health care and supportive services.
Our mission is to ensure that seniors and others in need of services, living in Toronto and surrounding areas, enjoy a high quality of life in their communities. We strive to maximize their well-being through a range of social, health care, and supportive services planned and delivered through an integrated model of care. We will ensure that a comprehensive range of services are delivered by an effective team of professionals and volunteers on a holistic basis.
We achieve our mission by:
- Delivering client-centred services that reflect an integrated model of care
- Providing top quality & culturally relevant social, health care, & support services to our clients
- Ensuring a professional and caring attitude in all our client relationships
- Achieving optimal wellness levels in our clients by encouraging them to participate as actively as possible in their communities
- Promoting in the broader community an awareness of our clients’ needs for social, health care & support services
- Advocating to government, voluntary and private sectors on issues relating to policies and programs that affect our clients
VISION & VALUES
Carefirst will be a leader in providing comprehensive, responsive and client-focused programs to seniors and others in need of services in the Greater Toronto and surrounding areas.
- Client-and-Family-Centred Service
Respect client and family’s right to co-design and participate in discussion making about service utilization, their health and wellness.
- Quality and Safe Services
Provide and promote excellence in service through its quality standards safe and best practices.
- Responsiveness to Diverse Community Needs
Respect diversity within the community through the provision of culturally and linguistically sensitive services.
- Respect for Staff
Value the contribution of all employees by making every effort to meet their professional needs.
- Integrated Care Approach
Consider the needs and well-being of clients, families and caregivers by using an inclusive, holistic service approach.
- Professional Care
Provide services in a professional manner, ensuring that programs are delivered by qualified and competent staff.
Application method: Students are encouraged to leave their information with our Volunteer Coordinator at the Volunteer Fair so that we can arrange an in-person interview. Alternatively, students can express interest by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about our vacancies and registration process.