Describe your experiences in a way that resonates with employers
Throughout your time at York you're developing a wide variety of skills, gaining experience and celebrating accomplishments—all of which are transferable to the workplace and are valued by employers! Take the time to clearly identify all the things you have to offer an employer and learn how to describe them so an employer can visualize you successfully performing the role you want.
- Describe your skills, attributes, experiences and qualifications in relation to a certain job
- Highlight your accomplishments to provide evidence that you have the skills that will be valued in your target position
- Provide measurable accomplishment examples by quantifying or qualifying your statements or interview responses with facts to provide evidence
Wondering how? See the Resources section below for some handouts and tip sheets to help you get started.
Career Centre Resources:
- Becoming YU
- Proving Your Fit
- Accomplishment Statements & Action Verbs
- Answering Behavioural Interview Questions Using STAR
- Building Connections: The 20-Second Introduction
Click here to go back to: Want to build skills and experience?