Ask for opportunities
Have you ever heard the expression “If you don’t ask, you don’t get”? If you feel like you aren’t developing the skills you want on the job, take charge and ask for opportunities.”
- Determine which skills you would like to develop and ask for opportunities to develop these skills on the job through projects, committees, or professional development.
- Be proactive! Try to identify some challenges in your workplace and volunteer your services to address those challenges.
- You can present project ideas that are interesting to you and while benefiting the organization.
- Learn a new skill that will benefit your team or help to meet their goals for a win-win!
- Essential Skills - Government of Canada
- Ontario Skills Passport - The Ontario Skills Passport (OSP) provides clear descriptions of Essential Skills and work habits important for success in work, learning and life
Click here to go back to: Want to succeed on the job?