York University Temporary Agency (YUTA) is the internal agency that services York University's temporary hiring needs. YUTA sources, screens, assesses, interviews, references and places temporary employees in short term assignments throughout the University.
While they vary based on the unique needs of the University, the duration of these assignments vary - but are typically for 2-3 months, possibly longer, and are generally 35 hours per week (8:30am - 4:30 pm Monday to Friday). Shift work is available typically during the University "rush period" at the start of each semester and may work well for those with other commitments during "regular working hours".
Website : http://www.yorku.ca/jobs
Target Audience (Year of Study)
- 3rd year
- 4th year
- 5th year
- New Grad (graduated in past 2 yrs)
How should students prepare for this event?
Bring resume to the recruitment session
What positions are you recruiting for?
- Front line
- Customer Service
- Administrative Support
- Secretarial Work
- Other unique and/or specialized roles (i.e. IT, Communications, Marketing, Financial, Events Coordination)
What are the qualifications required?
- Computer proficiency in a Windows environment using MS Office
- Ability to be resourceful, organized and get things done
- Superior communication and customer service skills
- A proven problem solver who can flex and adapt to various projects/tasks and offices
- Ability to work effectively as a team member in a fast-paced environment
Registration is required. Click here to register on Experience York.