Join us for a panel event exploring careers in Sexual Violence Education, Prevention and Support. Panellists will discuss their career paths, provide strategies, and tips along with insights about opportunities and challenges in the industry. Co-organized by the York University Centre for Sexual Violence Response, Support & Education and Career Education and Development Centre.
Career Conversations panels are a series of panel and webinar discussions that focus on various fields of interest and are designed to provide students with an opportunity to connect with York alumni; gain insight into areas of interest to them, and get advice from professionals currently working in the field.
Alumni and other professionals share:
- Their personal career paths;
- How their university education is relevant to their particular position;
- The realities of sectors they work in;
- Strategies for entering the sector;
- Opportunities within their fields;
- Resources for connecting with professionals in that field.
Registration is required on Experience York. Click here to register for this event.
- Jennifer Keeler (Coordinator/Nurse Practitioner Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Services,Trillium Health Partners)
- Shannon Seeraj (Public Education Coordinator, Women's Support Network York Region)
- Jacqueline Benn-John (Executive Director, Women's Support Network York Region)
- Shagufta Sadique (Outreach Coordinator - Sexual Harassment and Assault Resource Exchange)