In partnership with SCOLAPS and YSPACE
Come network with accomplished entrepreneurs to hear about their career paths and tips they have for students and new graduates.
Learn about the steps and resources that helped these professionals get started and gain guidance about how you can bring your idea to life. During this panel, professionals will share their personal stories about breaking into their field, how their career paths took them from graduation to where they are now, what knowledge, skills and experience helped them succeed in their entrepreneurial journey and what types of opportunities are available for students who want to follow a similar path. The panel will be moderated by one of the Career Centre's team members and followed by an open forum where students will have an opportunity to ask the panellists their own questions.
Career Conversations panels are a series of panel and webinar discussions that focus on various fields of interest and are designed to provide students with an opportunity to connect with York alumni; gain insight into areas of interest to them, and get advice from professionals currently working in the field.
Alumni and other professionals share:
- Their personal career paths;
- How their university education is relevant to their particular position;
- The realities of sectors they work in;
- Strategies for entering the sector;
- Opportunities within their fields;
- Resources for connecting with professionals in that field.
Registration is required on Experience York. Click here to register for this event.
- Stacey Ann Berry, Founder of Bstellar Group Inc
- Amit Ajmani, Founder of RecruitForMe
- Kimberly Badal, Co-founder & Chair of Caribbean Cancer Research Initiative (CCRI)
- Pooja Rao, President and Founder of NAVA Foods