Targeted job posting boards list available jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities in specific fields.
- Health Canada - careers: Health Canada recruits doctors, nurses, and scientists, as well as professionals in public administration, human resources, and communications. Student opportunities are also available across departments.
- Charity Village: news, jobs, resources, how-to articles, volunteer and event listings and educational opportunities in the non-profit sector.
- Community Mental Health Careers: job postings and student placement opportunities with community mental health service providers in Ontario, descriptions of career paths within the community mental health field and information on related college and university programs in Ontario.
- HealthCareJobs.ca: vacancies in Canada within the health care field.
- HEALTHeCAREERS Network: health and medical jobs, news, information, events, and career resources.
- Care.com: listings for a variety of care positions in Canada posted by families who are looking for caregivers. Jobs include part-time, full-time and "one-off" jobs in childcare, senior care, housekeeping, special needs care and pet care. You must set up a free profile in order to access the job listings. You can filter results by province or city.
Internships & Volunteer Opportunities
Participating in an internship or volunteering for an organization can be great ways to explore your fit for an occupation or organization, gain experience in the field, and make valuable professional connections.
- Children's Aid Foundation: recruits volunteers for a variety of fundraising events throughout the year. For job opportunities with the Children's Aid, please see the Ontario Association of Children's Aid Societies.
- Family Association for Mental Health Everywhere: offers support to families dealing with a mental illness. For more information about volunteering with FAME please see the website.
- Geneva Centre for Autism: offers a variety of clinical services to clients. For more information about volunteering with the Geneva Centre, or employment opportunities please visit the website.
- Kids Help Phone: This telephone support line provides kids, teens and young adults, from any community in Canada, the opportunity to call or go online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and speak to a professional counsellor. Volunteer opportunities, including Student Ambassadors for the Kids Help Phone, are posted online.
- Mood Disorders Association of Ontario: offers free support programs to people across Ontario, and their families, who are living with depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder. If you are interested in volunteering, opportunities include administrative and peer support roles.
- Peel Distress Centre: provides support via telephone 24hrs/7days for people in hardship, distress or crisis for all of Peel Region. Those interested in volunteering may learn how to get involved on the website.
- Sexual Assault Survivors Support Line: Located in the Student Centre at York University, the Sexual Assault Survivors' Support Line (SASSL) exists to provide unbiased and non-judgmental peer support and referrals to survivors of sexual violence. SASSL provides a 24 hour crisis support line. For information on volunteering please see the website.
- The Hincks-Dellcrest Centre: a children's mental health facility in Toronto. The Treatment Centre recruits volunteers from a variety of cultural backgrounds to work with the infants, children and families at the Centre. Volunteer and career related information may be found on the website.
- WoodGreen Community Services: supports people in a number of ways, including assisting them to find affordable and safe housing, helping internationally trained professionals enter the workforce, assisting parents wanting to access childcare, and supporting seniors living independently.
- Youth Assisting Youth: a non-profit charitable organization that provides a peer mentoring service to improve life for at risk and newcomer children. Volunteers attend mandatory workshops and are screened to assess their commitment, skills and level of responsibility.
- Baycrest Hospital For Geriatric Care: a geriatric care centre and a leading cognitive neuroscience research institute. Volunteers assist patients at meal times, participate in cultural events, work in the gift shop and café, and participate in research.
- Canadian Blood Services: Many opportunities exist to get involved with Canadian Blood Services, including in clinic and community roles.
- Canadian Cancer Society: takes volunteers interested in providing support to individuals coping with cancer, fundraising, and information outreach. Please see the provincial section of the website for more information about volunteering in Ontario.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation: Both short and long term volunteer opportunities exist at the Heart and Stroke Association.
- Mount Sinai Hospital: Volunteer opportunities exist in Mount Sinai Hospital to provide support or information to patients, as well as to assist professional staff in a variety of areas.
- St. Joseph's Health Centre Toronto: Many volunteer opportunities exist at St. Joseph's in areas ranging from emergency volunteer positions to assisting in the gift shop.
- Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre: Post-secondary students may volunteer in many areas at Sunnybrook Hospital, including within the Odette Cancer Centre and Veterans Centre, as well as some specific opportunities that may provide the opportunity to work with patients.
- Athlete's Care Sports Medicine Centres: students and recent graduates interested in a career in sports medicine, athletic therapy, or kinesiology may find volunteer opportunities on this website.
- Toronto Rehab: Please see the "How to Volunteer" section of the website for more information on volunteering with Toronto Rehab. Interested individuals may complete an application online to assist patients experiencing disabling injuries and/or illnesses.
- Baycrest Hospital for Geriatric Care: Baycrest Hospital houses a cognitive neuroscience research institute, specializing in the aging brain. Check the career section for possible new graduate opportunities as a Research Assistant at Baycrest Hospital.
- Sick Kids Hospital Clinical Research Training Program: Current registered students (priority will be given to 3rd and 4th year undergraduates) or recently graduated students (less than 12 months) from an accredited post-secondary program (e.g. undergraduate, graduate, medical or nursing school) are eligible for this training program.
- The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Research Volunteer Program: offers volunteer positions in both a Clinical Program and a Research Program. In addition, training and employment opportunities exist in many health related areas.
- York Institute for Health Research: a university-based organized research unit that fosters interdisciplinary health research. Student opportunities are listed on the website as they arise.