The City of Vaughan is one of Canada's fastest growing cities in the GTA. Recreation Services plays an integral role in providing quality recreational, cultural and active living programs, services and events in an accessible, equitable and efficient manner to enhance the quality of life and leisure time of the City’s growing and diverse community.
Types of positions:Masters and PhD level, Seasonal, Part-time
Recreation Program Instructors; Specialty Dance Instructor; Sports Instructors; Skate Patrol; Skate Instructor; Aquatic Leaders; Lifeguards; Swim Instructors; Aquafit Instructors; Fitness Instructor; Fitness Counsellor; Volunteer Leisure Buddy; Summer Camp Director; Summer Camp Coordinator; Summer Camp Counsellor; Summer Camp Specialist
Number of positions:45
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Valid Standard First Aid & CPR-C certification from a WSIB-approved first aid provider.
2. Police Vulnerable Sector Check to be obtained upon offer of employment
3. Creates a safe and enjoyable program plan for all participants.
4. Leads and instructs the participants in the area of specialty.
5. Provides excellent customer service to participants and parents.
6. Ensures the safety and well‐being of participants during the program hours.
7. Maintains control during difficult situations (i.e. disruptive participant behaviour, emergency situations, etc.), and deals with concerns from the public.
8. Completes necessary paperwork.
9. Acts in a professional manner at all times.
Where positions are posted:
How to apply:
Persons interested in the above and/or subsequent vacancies are asked to submit an application and résumé to Recreation Services:
1) Drop off at any community centre, “Attention: Recreation Services Supervisor”; or
2) Email to SeasonalRecJobs@Vaughan.ca; or
3) Fax to 905-832-8550.
Application forms and instructions are available online at www.vaughan.ca/RecJobs.
How to prepare:
Come prepared to ask questions